Boogie Board for Big Guys
Boogie board is also known as a bodyboard, which is a famous water sport. In this sport, a board similar to the suffering board is used for riding. The rider will be laid on the board, where you can enjoy the crest and trough of a wave. This boogie board is invented by Tom Morey at Southern California. It gives you a thrilling experience and versatile sport for all the age groups. Bodyboards are designed based on user-specific preferences like weight, height, and form of riding.Related Post: BOOGIE BOARDS FOR KIDS BODY BOARDING VS BOOGIE BOARDING
The material used for the construction is different from surfer boards. Different kinds of foam are used for the core, bottom, and rail. The heat lamination treated performed for bonding of structure. This material exhibits a good amount of flexibility and control of the board. Few manufacturers use rods in the board to increase strength. Usually, they are referred to as a stringer and made of carbon or graphite.
Various models are introduced by manufacturers into the market with advanced features. For better safety and greater riding experience, extra equipment like leash and fins are provided by the manufacturing companies. Selecting the bodyboard by considering this entire factor is a difficult task. In the following point, we are listed the important factors to be considered before purchasing the bodyboard.
Key factors before selecting a bodyboard:
Choosing a boogie board for the bigger guys is different as compared with usual bodyboards. The height and weight of the rider will play a vital role. The large size and wider boards are preferable for the bigger guys. Before selecting the perfect bodyboard factors like material, size and shape of the board are always important. These parameters will vary with respect to manufacturers. To select the ideal board, we need to know the overview of these factors trending in the present market.
- Shape: The shape of the board will affect performance and control. If the board is wider at nose location, it will be suitable for prone riding. The narrow nose shape or parallel rails are ideal for drop knee and stand up riding. Few boards are coming with a channel, which helps to hold and control. The tail counter is also influencing the performance and helps to maintain the track. Crescent tails will be more stable and performed by drop-knee riders because of its wider shape. Bat tail is performed by prone riders because it produces less drag and more power.
- Material: The material will always have a major impact on the performance, flexible and control of the bodyboard. Different foam is used for the construction of bodyboard. The foam is used as a deck and covered with a plastic bottom. Generally, the foam-like dow or polyethylene foam (PE) and Polypropylene foam (PP) are used. PP material is flexible, softer and used for cold waterboarding. PE is suitable for warm waterboarding because of its lightweight, stiffness and faster maneuverability. The deck is covered with a bottom made of Bixby or Surlyn.
- Size: Before selecting the perfect bodyboard weight and height of the rider need to be considered. For the bigger bodyboard rider, the size is to be wider and lengthier. The size will affect the control and performance of the board and the board has to fit from knee to the chin of the body.
The most suitable, perfect and best bodyboards available in the market for the big guys are listed out in this article. The key factors described in the line are considered with respect to those parameters like flexible, control, the weight of the board and performance on different water bodies are considered.
1. Random 37 inch and 41-inch High-Performance Bodyboards Lightweight with EPS core(Rainbow and color dots two colors Available)
The Random high-performance bodyboard is lightweight and designed especially for beginners and adults. The slick bottom of the bodyboard will produce greater maneuverability. Deck of the bodyboard is made of EPS core and only two colors rainbow and color dots are available.
i. Dimensions: The board is available in two different sizes of 37 and 41 inches. It is most suitable for the weight of 25-55 kgs and 55-87 kgs respectively.
ii. Material: The EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) is used for the core and it exhibits greater strength and flexibility. It also has characteristics of the lightweight and comfortable surface.
iii. Shape: The bottom of the bodyboard is slippery, which slice over the water surface and greater speed and better maneuverability. The Crescent tail will also be added advantage for speed and versatile in all water conditions.
This is the perfect boogie board for adults and kids. The board can be carried easily because of its lightweight. The performance of the board is also desirable because of strength and flex. The price is also in the affordable range.
2. Bo-Toys Body Board Lightweight with EPS Core
The Bo-Toys bodyboard is the lightweight, stylish and ideal board for the kids and beginner. The heat laminated structural design is more durable and exhibits better speed and performance. It also comes with a leash of the higher quality. The board is available in color variants like red, blue, pink, and green. It is ready to rider board comes with fully assembled structure.
i. Dimensions: In the market board available in different sizes of 33 and 41 inches. This is most suitable for adults and children.
ii. Material: The EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) core material and EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) bottom is a better combination. Which is more durable and provides years of experience.
iii. Shape: The heat lamination technology used for the layer of the board is more durable and sturdier. Rail of 60/40 and crescent tail is easy to control and stable in strong waves.
The board is available in the affordable price range, which comes with fully assembles the structure. The high-quality leash is attached to the board. It has a total guarantee and defected board will be replaced fast.
3. ZEFR RECON 42″ Bodyboard/leash included/will NEVER peel apart or waterlog
ZEFR Recon is a solid and a closed-cell foam premium bodyboard, which comes with a lifetime warranty. The board will never peel off and waterlog Eco-friendly. The built-in quality makes the board more sustainable and it is suitable for heavier and weight guys. The board comes in limited CAMO color.
i. Dimensions: The board is available in size of 42” x 21.5” x 2” and convenient for beginners and professional riders.
ii. Material: A closed cell Polyethylene foam (PE) is used for the construction of the board. It exhibits super lightweight, maneuverability and faster riding.
iii. Shape: The closed cell board will never peel off and Eco-friendly board while water intake. The crescent tail has a wider edge, which will provide greater control and higher performance in any water conditions.
Conclusion: The board and customizable leash come with a lifetime warranty and it is a perfect choice for beginners and professional riders. The material used for the construction of the board is lightweight and the board exhibits greater maneuverability and better performance.
4. 42-inch Ultimate Hard Slick Bottom Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
This Wavemaster bodyboard is a perfect design for big guys. Its compact design will produce the ultimate performance. The board produces a decent amount of speed, elevation, and longevity. The heat seal to the board core is strong and the high-density core material is useful for both drop knee and prone riding experience with maximum stability in all the water conditions.
- Dimensions: The board is only available in the size of 42” x 21” x 2.5 inches. This is suitable for the bigger size and professional riders.
- Material: The closed-cell foam of high-density core and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) top skin with unique heat technology is used for the board manufacturing. The IXL crosslink deck and polyethylene will prevent the water from infiltrating into the board.
- Shape: This compact design is lightweight, durability and water resistant. The material will also offer stiffness, speed and better control. The crescent tail is used for the board and it is useful mainly for drop knee and prone riding.
Conclusion: This unique bodyboard is available in different colors like red, green, blue and yellow. The closed-cell foam design proved the performance, speed, and projection of the bodyboard. The strong bottom skin of the board will produce greater speed and higher maneuverability. The price range is also affordable and a better choice for beginners and professional riders.
5. Liquid Shredder FSE EPP Bodyboard
The Liquid shredder bodyboards are the best boards for wave riding experience in the affordable price tag. This bodyboard is available in different sizes of 39, 42 and 44 inches. The shred deck is super soft polyethylene with perfect and perfect thumb grips of the board. The board is also available in different colors like blue, green, yellow and red with a white combination.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the board are 44” x 22” x 2.5” inches and available in sizes of 39 and 42 inches. It is comfortable for all the rider needs of different age groups.
- Material: The shred core of Polypropylene is used, which is durable and lightweight. The IXHD Polyethylene fiberglass stringer system of hull slick bottom is full heat laminated construction. The IXPE deck is a soft contour and convenient thumb grip.
- Shape: The shred deck and shred hull slick bottom of polyethylene will produce high strength and better thumb grip. The unique shred core is highly durable and crescent tail of 60/40 double rail is used for better control.
Conclusion: This advanced feature of the liquid shredder is perfect bodyboard for all the age groups. The heat lamination of the board will never peel off in all type of water conditions. The rider can choose perfect color and size as per his/her desire.
6. BZ Bodyboards Advantage 36″ – Choose Color
The BZ bodyboards are popular for its cutting-edge technology and high-end performance bodyboard. This can be used in any type of water conditions. The advanced features will helpful for beginners and experienced riders. It comes with C shape body and a crescent tail for better maneuverability. The faster speed of the board is possible because of the channeled bottom.
- Dimensions: This BZ board is available in a size of 36 inches. It is comfortable for medium height and weight riders.
- Material: High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is used for the construction of the core and slick bottom will give greater durability and super flexibility.
- Shape: The advanced C shape body and Crescent tail are used for better control. The bottom of the board will help in smooth flow in any water conditions.
Conclusion: The board has different color options and comes with a coil wrist leash. It is a good option for a height of 5’ 2” with a weight of 125lb or below. The board will exhibit greater performance in the cold-water riding conditions because of its core material.
The GYN trade legendary bodyboard is basically designed for beginners and experienced riders. This adaptable board is used in all types of water conditions and weather. The heat seal treatment is performed for the layers of the board. This will help to prevent bubbles on the board even after many uses. Board comes with 12 different varieties of colors.
- Dimensions: The board comes in different sizes of 33, 37, 41, 42 and 45 inches for all the ages. The standard dimension for 42 inches board is 42” x 22” x 2.5 inches.
- Material: The Polyethylene material used for construction will provide greater stability and control. The heat seal treatment is performed for the board will be durable.
- Shape: The structure of the board is sturdy and slick hard bottom will slide on the waves. The crescent tail construction will give better maneuverability.
This smooth base slick bottom is harder and useful in strong waves. The board lightweight and detachable wrist leash are convenient for the portability. The price of the board is also available in the reasonable range.it is versatile for beginners and professional bodyboard riders.
The selection of the bodyboard is always a difficult and confusing process. The confusion begins with the size, material, and shape of the board. In recent days, the advanced features used in the board will make a lot of difference in boards. In this article, we have listed the best bodyboard suitable for the rider based on their requirements. This shortlist is done with respect to keys features such as performance, maneuverability, lightweight and durability. The expert’s advice is also taken into account while addressing the bodyboards. The ultimate selection of the board will depend on users and their basic criteria.