If you’re enthusiastic about the beachside water sports and like to ride the waves. Then you might be familiar with the boogie board. This is safer to ride and versatile water sport as compared with other sports. The board is smaller than the surfing board and comfortable to ride for a longer period. This boogie board is also known as a bodyboard and invented by Tom Morey in the year of 1957 at Southern California State.
A bodyboard is performed in three different forms of surfing like drop knee, prone and stands up bodyboarding. These forms will be varying with respect to the body position on the board. This board consists of different layers like core, rail, and bottom. These layers are combined with a heat-sealed lamination technology. The manufacturing of this board is made using foam of different types. The foams are used for construction is polypropylene and polyethylene foams.
Recommend related guide: BODY BOARDING VS BOOGIE BOARDING
With the advanced boards manufacturing technology, various models are introduced by the companies into the market. It also helped in improving the features of the board in terms of weight, performance, flexibility, stiffness, and control. The extra equipment with the board is also an added advantage for the riders.
- 1 1. BPS Storm Bodyboard – Includes Premium Coiled Leash and Swim Fin Tethers (Single Board)
- 2 2. Wham-O Mach 7 Body Board, 42″
- 3 3. BZ Bodyboards Advantage 36″ – Choose Color
- 4 4. 42 inch Ultimate Hard Slick Bottom Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
- 5 5. THURSO SURF Lightning 42” Bodyboard Package PE Core IXPE Deck HDPE Slick Bottom Durable Lightweight Includes Double Stainless Steel Swivels Leash and LUX Bodyboard Bag.
- 6 6. Goplus 41 inch Body Board EPS Core, IXPE Deck, HDPE Slick Bottom with Leash, Light Weight Perfect Surfin
- 7 7. Random 37 inch and 41 inch High Performance Bodyboards Lightweight with EPS core(Rainbow and color dots two colors Available)
A user’s preference is important for choosing a bodyboard. It can be done based on the rider’s height and weight, and bigger length boards are required for the adults. Riders should know about the parameters like size, material, shape, and buoyancy. This basic knowledge will help the rider to select the perfect board. In the following line, we are going to discuss the parameters in detail.
1. Size: Riding over waves is a thrilling art and you need an ideal board to accomplish this task. The ideal size board is selected with respect to user weight and height. The board size will help in the comfort, performance, and maneuver of the rider. The perfect size for a rider will be measured vertically from the knee to the chin.
2. Material: The material is also affecting the stiffness, control, and maneuverability of the board. The foams are used to build the bodyboards. There are two kinds of foam that are popularly used for construction. Polyethylene foam (PE) or dow and Polypropylene foam (PP) are flexible, softer and stronger. PE is mainly used for warm water riding and PP is used for cold water riding. Bixby or Surlyn are utilized for the deck construction.
3. Buoyancy: Buoyancy of the board is important for the riders even in weaker waves. Picking a taller for best-floating capability is not a good indication. If you require a more buoyancy in any water conditions, a wider board is the best choice. The thicker core material will also help to float. Wider boards are a better option for bigger adults.
4. Shape: Performance and control will be depending on the shape of the board. For prone rider’s wider noise board will be suitable and narrow nose shape are ideal for stand up and drop knee riding. The slick bottom channeled shape boards are convenient for holding and control. The tail shape of the board will also influence the performance. The main tail shapes used in the boards are crescent and bat tail.
Here, we have listed out the best bodyboards available in the market for adult by considering the above basic parameters. The top trending boards with the best features and specifications are described in the below lines.We recommend you also read: What size bodyboard do I need? HOW TO START SKIMBOARDING How to Practice Skimboarding at Home
1. BPS Storm Bodyboard – Includes Premium Coiled Leash and Swim Fin Tethers (Single Board)
The BPS storm bodyboard is a perfect example for the premium board for beginners and professional riders. The board consists of the premium coiled leash and tether swim fins. It has a rear channeled bottom that will help the rider to control the board in strong waves. The adaptable crescent tail is the perfect match for the stand-up and drops knee riding in any water conditions.
- Dimensions: The board is available in three size varieties of 33”, 37” and 41” inches. These are convenient and suitable for adults and professional riders.
- Material: The core material used to build the board is EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) and a high-speed slick bottom surface will produce greater speed. The bottom channels increase the performance and control of the board.
iii. Shape: This premium bodyboard with narrow shape will produce greater speed and higher performance in any wave conditions. It is also most suitable for stand up and drops knee riding. The Crescent tail shape will also an added advantage for the performance.
Conclusion: This affordable bodyboard comes with 12 months of guarantee. The premium called Leash and swim fin tethers are added advantage for the board and won’t let you lose board in the water. The printed manual instructions will help the reader to assemble the bodyboard easily and immediate riding of the board is also possible.Click here to Watch Our Latest Video:
2. Wham-O Mach 7 Body Board, 42″
This brand is the most famous for bodyboards for high quality and performance. It is also the most trusted company in the bodyboarding world. The size of the board is specifically meant for adults and compact for the beginners. The board is resilience against scrapes and bumps in different water bodies. It is also durable and streamlined polyethylene will produce higher maneuverability.
i. Dimensions: The board is available in only one size of 42 x 22 x 2.5 inches. Which will be comfortable for adults and beginners.
ii. Material: Polyethylene is used for the construction for the construction of the board. The dual composite carbon rod is used for the stiffness of board. The board is also exhibit features like higher strength, lightweight and durability.
iii. Shape: Tail of the crescent shape allows the rider to produce maximum performances and maximum buoyancy in any water conditions. The traditional rail design of 50/50 is also an added advantage for greater control and speed.
This board is most suitable for beginners and professionals. The material also produces a greater amount of flex and desirable performance in the strong waves. A slick channeled bottom of high-density polyethylene will provide better control. It is also available in different color variants.
3. BZ Bodyboards Advantage 36″ – Choose Color
The cutting-edge technology of the BZ bodyboards is most famous and also for high-end performance bodyboards. It also exhibits greater buoyancy and used any type of water conditions. The sophisticated features are helpful for professional and beginner riders. The C shape body and crescent tail are added advantage for the better maneuverability. The board is faster because of the channeled slick bottom.
- Dimensions: This board offers a size of 36 inches. Which is convenient for normal height and weight riders.
- Material: The High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) material core is used for the construction of the bodyboard. The channeled slick bottom will give better durability and flexibility.
3. Shape: The latest C shape body and Crescent tail design board are mostly used for better maneuverability in any waves. The slick bottom is channeled and will be helpful in the smooth flow.
Conclusion: The board is available in different color variants and comes with an affordable price range. It also has coiled wrist leash helps to hold the board. It is most suitable for moderate height and weight riders. It is convenient for cold water riding and produces a greater performance.
4. 42 inch Ultimate Hard Slick Bottom Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
This board is the perfect choice for bigger adults. The Wavemaster has designed for better comfort and ultimate performance in any waves and water conditions. The longevity, elevation and speed of the board are desirable levels. The heat-sealed lamination technology made the board stronger and suitable for the riding forms of stand-up and drop knee.
- Dimensions: The board is available only in one size of 42” x 21” x 2.5 inches. This is suitable for adults, beginners and professional riders.
- Material: The high-density core of closed cell foam and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) of top skin with unique heat-sealed lamination technology is used. This makes the board stiffer and durable. The IXL crosslink deck and polyethylene construction will avoid the water from infiltrating into the board.
iii. Shape: This comfortable design board is durable, lightweight, stiffer and water resistant. The material will also offer stiffness, higher speed and greater maneuverability. The crescent tail construction of the board is useful for drop knee and prone riding.
Conclusion: This unique bodyboard offers different variants of colors like red, green, blue and yellow. The closed cell foam design will produce better performance, projection and fastener speed of the bodyboard. The strong bottom skin of the board will produce greater speed and better maneuverability. The cost of the board is also affordable. It is a better option for the beginners and professional riders.
5. THURSO SURF Lightning 42” Bodyboard Package PE Core IXPE Deck HDPE Slick Bottom Durable Lightweight Includes Double Stainless Steel Swivels Leash and LUX Bodyboard Bag.
This versatile bodyboard is one the better option for beginner to professional riders. It comes with double stainless-steel swivels leash and premium bodyboard bag. The PE core material is lightweight and size of the 42 inches. It will be convenient for adults. The cushioning of the board is comfortable because of the deck thickness 4.0mm.
i. Dimensions: This board is available only in one size of 42 x 21.5 x 2.125 inches. This premium board is suitable for professional and adult riders.
ii. Material: The Rigid Polyethylene (PE) core material and the FRP stringers are the perfect combination for the board and help the board float in any wave conditions. The slick bottom of high-density polyethylene is stronger, stiffer and lightweight.
iii. Shape: The heat-sealed laminated technic is used for the combination of layer material, which will not delaminate easily. The crescent tail shape will exhibit properties like better stability and greater maneuverability.
Conclusion: This versatile bodyboard suitable for adults and professional riders. It provides better stability and control because of a strong deck. The slick bottom if the board will produce greater speed and slides over the water surface. The reasonable price range of the board made best seller in the market.
6. Goplus 41 inch Body Board EPS Core, IXPE Deck, HDPE Slick Bottom with Leash, Light Weight Perfect Surfin
The Goplus bodyboard will add an extra fun to the riders in a beach, river banks and water parks. It can withstand wipeouts and drop on the sandbank. The material used is lightweight, durable and buoyant. A smooth surface at the bottom of the board will produce higher speed and greater maneuverability. The portability of the board is also easy and comes with affordable price.
i. Dimensions: This product is available in dimensions of 41 x 17 x 3 inches. This will be used for the medium weight and height adult riders.
ii. Material: The core of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) material and HDPE high-density polyethylene are makes the board lightweight, durable, increased speed and flexibility. The IXPE deck is an added strength for impact resistant and offers a comfortable ride.
iii. Shape: The board has 60/40 rails and rear channels are helps to maintain control in any wave conditions. The adaptable crescent tail is used and it will more suitable for stand-up and drop knee riding.
Conclusion: The material used for the construction of the durable and lightweight. It is suitable for beginners and professional riders. This board is also available in a large variant of colors like blue/green, blue/white, pink, purple, rose, yellow and yellow/green. The affordable price range is also an added advantage for the board.
7. Random 37 inch and 41 inch High Performance Bodyboards Lightweight with EPS core(Rainbow and color dots two colors Available)
This lightweight and super performance bodyboards are specially designed for the adults and professional riders. The EPS core material made the board flexible and comfortable. It also exhibits better maneuverability in any environment. The board is also available in two different attractive colors like rainbow and color dots.
i. Dimensions: Board is available in two different sizes of 37 and 41 inches. It is suitable for the kids and medium height and weight riders. The board can capable of carrying the weight of 25-55 kgs and 55-87 kgs respectively.
ii. Material: The EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) core is comfortable and exhibits strength and flexibility for the board in any conditions of waves. The board is lightweight and performance of the board is also appreciable.
iii. Shape: This board will slice over the water surface because of the slippery bottom surface. It also generates faster speed and high performance. The Crescent tail will also add an advantage for faster riding and adaptable in all water conditions.
Conclusion: This multi-colored board is the perfect choice for the adults and professional riders. The board is portable because of its lightweight. It has flexible and stronger structure, which will produce greater performance in any conditions. It is also coming in an affordable price range.
Final conclusion: These bodyboards, which are listed out are the best board available in the market. It is especially shortlisted for the medium height and weight riders. The advanced features, the material used and shape of the board are addressed in the article. The Price range of boards is in a reasonable range. The bodyboard specialist’s advice is also considered for the brief description of the board. The generic criteria of the user are also taken into consideration. Now, it’s your turn to select the best for requirements.