Big 5 Boogie Boards
Boogie board is also known as bodyboarding is famous water activity. Tom Morey is the inventor of bodyboard in 1971 in Southern California. This sport is getting more popular in recent days because of easy to practice. It is adaptable from the beginner to professional surfers within a few days of riding. This is inexpensive than surfing board and safer to ride sport. It also offers greater health benefits and improves fitness levels.
Generally, the equipment used for the bodyboarding is a boogie board, a leash, a wetsuit or a rash guard and fins. Here the selection of boogie board is not an easy task. There is a wide range of bodyboards available in the market with respect to various designs, material, sizes, colors, and latest features. Initially, users will be attracted by the vibrant colors and end up buying undesirable bodyboard.
Before selecting the boogie board, the purpose of the rider will play a key role. The purpose will always vary from user to user based on size, the material used and the shape of the board. The manufacturing companies are also releasing different models in advanced features.Our latest related post: What size bodyboard do I need? TOP-RATED BOOGIE BOARDS Boogie Board for Big Guys
Picking an ideal bodyboard is a dream for many surfers. The perfect bodyboard always comes with a better benefit like greater maneuverability and high performance. Different models in the market will lead to a lot of confusion for the surfers. To avoid confusion, we must look into details of various parameters like size, material, and shape. In the below lines description of parameters is addressed with the latest trend in the market.
- Material: Material of the bodyboard will decide the performance and the water condition in which the board is used. Polyethylene foam (PE) or dow, and Polypropylene foam (PP) are the two-material used for the manufacturing of bodyboard in the present days. These materials exhibit distinct properties like polyethylene is a greater pick for cold water surfer and it is super flexible and heavier in weight. Polypropylene is good for warm water, stronger and lighter in weight. The sandwich structure of PP and PE is also used for the construction of boogie boards.
- Shape: The shape of the bodyboard will determine the maneuverability and comfort. The counter is designed specifically for quick response, flexibility, heavier landing, and big dives. The tail shape will also play an important role in performance and control. Crescent and bat shape are main tail counters trending in the market. Because of its wider shape crescent tail is faster and more stable in any water bodies. Bat tail will develop less drag and exhibits more speed even in a smaller wave.
- Size: The size of the bodyboard will have a major impact on performance. The selection of the bodyboard is done by considering the weight and height of the rider. The perfect bodyboard based on height is fit from knee to the chin and wider board for the heavier riders.
Here, we listed out the big boogie boards available in the market for the taller and heavier riders. The basic parameters like shape, material, and size are taken into consideration. Performances, maneuverability, comfort, type of water usage and price range are also addressed.Click here to Watch Our Latest Video:
1. Wham-O Mach 7 Body Board, 42″
The Wham-O is the most trusted brand in the boogie board manufacturing field. Morey Mach 7 is a classic design and high-quality board that is specifically designed for beginners. This is a highly durable bodyboard and resilience against bumps and scrapes. The streamlined polyethylene will provide greater maneuverability and sliding over the face of the waves.
i. Dimensions: This larger Morey board comes with the dimensions of 42 x 22 x 2.5 inches. This will comfortable for beginners and children.
ii. Material: The Dow polyethylene and one stringer rod from a dual composite carbon are used for the construction of the bodyboard. The material has a salient feature like higher strength, durable and lightweight.
iii. Shape: The crescent tail shape allows the rider for maximum performances and provides maximum buoyancy in any water conditions. The rail 50/50 traditional design is used.
1. Price of the bodyboard is inexpensive.
2. It is lightweight.
3. It will exhibit desirable performance in different water conditions.
4. The structure will provide greater maneuverability.
1. The leash is not pre-installed.
The Polyethylene core has a greater amount of flex and gives you better performance in the waves. The high-density polyethylene channeled slick bottom will provide you greater control. The board is also available only in two different colors.
2. THURSO SURF Lightning 42” Bodyboard Package PE Core IXPE Deck HDPE Slick Bottom Durable Lightweight Includes Double Stainless Steel Swivels Leash and LUX Bodyboard Bag.
The Thurso surfboard is the best choice for the beginners and professional riders. This bodyboard comes with luxuries package of required accessories. The board has a standard size of 42 inches which will fit perfectly for adults. The deck of the board is about 4mm thick provides a decent amount of cushioning. The pack includes a double stainless-steel swivels leash.
i. Dimensions: This board comes with a size of 42 x 21.5 x 2.125 inches which is suitable for adults.
ii. Material: The Rigid Polyethylene (PE) as core and 2 FRP stringers are used for the construction of the board and it makes the board floatable and lightweight. The high-density polyethylene slick bottom provides the board stronger and stiffer.
iii. Shape: The heat laminated and sealed deck is made from the high-density polyethylene foam, which will not delaminate easily. The crescent tail shape will provide better stability and greater maneuverability.
1. The board comes with affordable price.
2. The maneuverability of the board is easy.
3. The material of the board made the structure more durable.
4. The package comes with all required accessories.
1. Size is only suitable for adults.
Conclusion: This adaptable bodyboard is suitable for beginners and provides greater stability. It is specifically designed for excellent performance in all water conditions. The board has a strong deck and bottom skin will also exhibit maximum speed. The material of the board is durable which will last for many years. The price range of the board is also reasonable.
3. Bo-Toys Body Board Lightweight with EPS Core
The Bo-Toys boogie board is an ideal board for the beginners and children because of lightweight, stylish and compact design. It is designed with heat lamination technology, which makes the board more durable. The leash and wristband attached to the board is higher quality. The board also comes as a fully assembled and varieties of colors are available like blue, red, pink and green.
i. Dimensions: The board comes in two different sizes 33 and 41 inches. This is comfortable for adults and children.
ii. Material: EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) is used for the construction of the core and High-Density Polyethylene (HPDE) is used for the slick bottom of the boogie board.
iii. Shape: The heat lamination technology used for deck makes the material more durable and stable. The crescent tail and 60/40 rails will make the body board easy maneuverable and stable for surfing.
1. It is more durable.
2. Excellent control and maneuverability.
3. Suitable for taller and heavier riders.
4. It is lightweight and easy to port.
5. The wide range of colors available.
1. The graphic on the board may fade.
2. It may experience bubbles on the board.
Conclusion: The boogie board comes with fully assembled and ready to use. The wristband attached is a pro-quality leash, it won’t make you lose your board. The board comes with a total guarantee and faulty board will be replaced quickly.
California Board Company MMAG Bodyboard (44-Inch) (Colors May Vary)
The California board company is the oldest bodyboard manufacturer. This board is the better option for the taller or heavier adults because of its broad and lengthy size. The counter of the deck is molded and the feature helps the rider to hold the board for a longer duration. The designed increased the comfort and armrest on the surface of the board.
i. Dimensions: The product dimensions of the board 44 x 23 x 2.75 inches, which is larger board and comfortable for taller and larger weight riders.
ii. Material: The core material of the bodyboard is constructed from waterproof EPS (Expanded Polystyrene). The HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) is used for the slick bottom of the board.
iii. Shape: The counter of the deck is molded which increases the comfort and armrest. The crescent tail will add advantage for more comfort and better control.
1. The board is durable.
2. It is a lightweight construction.
3. It offers better control and greater maneuverability.
4. The arm locked leash will not let you lose the board.
5. The Dual swivel coil wrist leash.
1. Only limited colors are available.
2. Available in only one size.
if you’re looking for a bodyboard of larger size in an affordable price range, this product will be the better option. The board comes with thumb blub and dual swivel pro-style coil wrist leash will be providing better maneuverability and greater comfort.
5. Morey Cruiser 42.5″ Body Board
The Morey Cruiser is one the bestselling entry-level bodyboard and it is considered as most effective and durable bodyboard. The size board is suitable for beginner and professional riders. The board design will enable riding for prone, drop knee and stand up. It also comes in four different colors like blue, yellow, orange and assorted.
i. Dimensions: The board comes with dimensions of 44 x 21.6 x 2.4 inches. This is convenient for beginner and intermediate riders.
ii. Material: The board is made High-Density PhuzionTM polystyrene core and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) slick bottom. The structure is lightweight, flexible and durable.
iii. Shape: The high-quality heat laminated structure will allow riding on belly, knees and standing up. The crescent tail shape is an added advantage for higher speed.
1. The board is lightweight.
2. It is durable.
3. Ride on belly; knee and standing up can be done.
4. Crescent will provide greater maneuverability.
1. Cost of the board is expensive.
Conclusion: This versatile bodyboard is value for money because of its usage and durability. The IXL material is used on top skin and rail for greater fluid motion and better grip for riders. It also comes with a wrist leash for the better holding of the board.
In this article, we have listed out the top 5 bigger bodyboards which are trending in the market. The salient basic features of boards like shape, size and material are taken into account. The performance oriented parameters are also considered for the evaluation of the bodyboard. The professional advice is taken into consideration, but the selection of the always depends on the user preference and usage style. From the above evaluation, the user can select the best bodyboard which suitable for her/his ride.