What brings the adrenaline rush of a rollercoaster ride, a race car ride or extreme water sports? You may have guessed it right, “Bodyboarding”. And as is the case for all sports, bodyboarding also needs a certain number of tools. For bodyboarding, it’s a chariot which uses waves as wings, helping you climb on each crest and through letting the waves take you with them through a short but adventurous ride, called as a bodyboard.
Bodyboards are for people who want to do surfing comfortably, you could also call the bodyboard as a shorter version of a surfboard as it is usually much shorter (38 to 43 inches) than the surfboard. There are basically three forms of riding a bodyboard, riding prone on your stomach, drop knee ride and standing up bodyboard.
Bodyboards uses different kinds of foams for manufacturing; the two most widely and commonly used are polypropylene foams and polyethylene foams. Polypropylene is stronger and lighter than polyethylene but is more expensive as it is the advanced version of the Polyethylene. The other three things that should be considered while buying a bodyboard are stringer, tail and rocker.
A bodyboard stringer is a tube or rod that is inserted in the bodyboard’s core to give extra strength. The stringers help to spring back in any extreme wave rides. Bodyboards will not have fins, so the tail part is important for stabilizing in the most critical moments and maneuvers – 360s, carving turns, airs, etc.
- 1 Selection of bodyboard:
- 2 Lucky Bums Body Board with EPS Core Slick Bottom and Leash for Kids and Adults
- 3 Key facts:
- 4 Few special features:
- 5 Conclusion:
- 6 662 Sixsixtwo Splash Bodyboard, 36-Inch (Colors Vary)
- 7 Key facts:
- 8 Few special features:
- 9 3,Wham-O Mach 7 Body Board
- 10 42 inch Ultimate Hard Slick Bottom Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
- 11 Body Board – #1 Professional Series Hard Slick Bottom Bodyboard & Leash – Best New 2018 Wave Pro
- 12 Younger 37 inch Super Bodyboard with IXPE Deck, Perfect Surfing
- 13 BPS Storm Bodyboard – Includes Premium Coiled Leash and Swim Fin Tethers (Single Board)
Selection of bodyboard:
It can be confusing sometimes while trying to choose the right board. A bodyboard is one of the most exciting waves riding vehicles imaginable. It can become a very useful item to have on your days to the beach. That is why it is very important to choose wisely as a board that isn’t right for you may leave you unsatisfied and frustrated. Everyone has their own style of bodyboarding and their own way of balancing his or her body when riding the waves. And there are a lot of differences between the designs of different manufacturers which in turn means that each board performs in its own unique way.
We are going to list out a couple of things that can help you to decide which bodyboard to buy and what traits you should look for, to identify the right board for your purpose.
- Size – When choosing a new bodyboard size is the most important element to consider. Your performance depends on both height and weight. Catching waves is an art which needs the perfect tool to go with it, and the size of the board needs to be just right for you to maneuver yourself. When going to choose the board measure the board with your body vertically, the top of the board should come to your hip or bellybutton.
- Buoyancy – When you have more body weight or when you are surfing on weaker waves, the board you choose should be designed to have buoyancy for such conditions. Most of the people make the mistake of picking a longer board to get better buoyancy. But instead, you should choose a wider template, a wider tail and a thicker core, for adding buoyancy. Bigger riders are better off with wider boards which will give you more flotation.
- Board types: If you are a heavier rider medium width boards will need a much more effort to be pushed in the wave even though medium width boards are generally good allrounders. Narrow boards do not perform well in the smaller and weaker surf but are known to be the fastest. They also prove to be harder when trying to pull off moves at slower speeds. You can hold the board on its edge and look down its rail, make sure the board is nice and flat for narrow boards.
Given below is a list of 7 best body boards that you can use to find out the best bodyboard for you in the market.
Lucky Bums Body Board with EPS Core Slick Bottom and Leash for Kids and Adults
If you are looking for a bodyboard that is well-made and comes with amazing specifications and made of a durable and lightweight material, then this is the brand for you. The Lucky Bums Body Board is manufactured for having fun at the beach, river or waterpark doing tricks on waves and getting your fix of adrenaline.
- This board is lightweight which makes it easy to take it to and from the beach.
- This board is very versatile and can be used by virtually all kinds of riders as it comes in 3 different sizes and various colors.
- The board is made rigid and durable by the EPS core attached to it. The EPS core also adds buoyancy and helps the rider to have better control of the board.
- This board also contains extra protection as it contains a built-in leash mount and a leash.
- It is made of high-density polyethylene bottom which enables the rider to have increased speed, strength and more maneuverability.
Few special features:
- The design of the board is stylish.
- It has a stout and tough structure.
- The leash will be providing better protection.
The best guarantee that this board will last you for a long time and it has an amazing lifetime warranty against manufacturing defect. This is indeed a great deal, and what makes it even better is all the amazing attributes of the board. The customer service from the board manufacturer is also something that adds merit to the customers. In the end, this board seems to be the best value for money features and amazing attributes which make it stand out from the rest.
662 Sixsixtwo Splash Bodyboard, 36-Inch (Colors Vary)
People who are beginners in the sport of bodyboarding should look up this board as it is the best board for newbies. This board will help to maintain well balance on the board while riding swells and thus resulting in a smaller number of wipe-outs. It is very noticeably easy-to-use for beginners who are trying to start out and many of its features are built so that it gives confidence to the newbies to challenge themselves further.
- The board will be stable and ride will be easy to maneuver in any water conditions.
- The flexible deck moves as rider desires in strong waves, it is also giving you a firm grip while riding on the waves.
- A tough EPS core ensures that the board has a strong flex rating and gives you more balance in the water.
- Its crescent-shaped tail gives beginners the confidence to ride bigger waves as it holds and supports the rider’s body.
- The top is made denser by the crosslink deck material which makes sure the top doesn’t dip much when the waves break.
- The board is connected to the rider using a wrist leash which keeps the board close and doesn’t let it float away.
Few special features:
- The epic EPS Core material is strong.
- The wave deck cross-link structure on the top deck of the board.
iii. The slick bottom channels will exhibit smooth flow.
For those looking to show off the personality in a fun-filled day at the beach, it comes in a variety of colors, and it is the perfect board to start out for a newbie. It is available at a great price which makes it an even more amazing product.
3,Wham-O Mach 7 Body Board
Wham-O Mach 7 is another board that can be taken by the newbies. Wham-O is a well-known and highly used manufacturer in the bodyboarding industry. The channeled slick bottom will slide over the waves and provides better navigation. Wham-O Mach 7 is one of their trademark boards which have been expertly designed for beginners.
- Its fast flex and recoil help to handle any wave without limiting the speed of the board.
- The polyethylene core makes the board incredibly sturdy and lightweight.
- The performance of the board is increased due to its crescent-shaped tail.
- The board has been shaped in manner, where the beginners get the confidence to move on more stable in the advanced waves.
- The board maintains high buoyancy allowing you to ride through waves at a fast pace and with less wipeout.
- The high-quality HPDE material makes the board very efficient, durable and lightweight.
Few special features:
- The power rod stringer in the board will be providing more stiffness.
- It has Channeled bottom and crescent tail.
- The polyethylene core is used.
The two bright amazing colors are available and it is easily visible. It is one of the classic boards in the market and the name Wham-O itself should instill confidence in you enough to buy the product. The amazing build quality of the board makes it one of the best products in the market. The less weight of the board makes it easy to transport. The versatility of the board is remarkable and can be used to ride almost any kind of wave.
42 inch Ultimate Hard Slick Bottom Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
This bodyboard is one of the WaveMaster series bodyboards. These boards are designed for people who have been bodyboarding regularly. This board has been specially designed for producing the ultimate performance. The quality of the board makes sure that the rider moves at great speed and also ensures the longevity of the board.
- It is mainly used by drop riders due to its crescent-shaped tail and also used for prone riding for the maximum stability.
- The high-density core makes it more balanced and flexible. The high strength of the board makes it more suitable buy for regular use.
- Water is prevented from infiltrating into the core by the polyethylene top skin with unique heat seal bonding to the core. This advanced technic made the board super strong.
- The board shape will help to turbulence reduce turbulence and it can hold through grooved slots at bottom of the board.
Few key features:
- The weight of the board is 2.6 lbs.
- It is impact resistant and durable.
- 3. HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) will give greater comfort.
This board is suitable for both warm and cold water and can be used in the water of any moderate temperature. This board is recommended for riders who are 66 to 72 inches and weigh around 145 to 180 lbs. There is also no danger of the board floating away as there is a built-in padded and adjustable retention wrist leash which keeps the board close to the body.
Body Board – #1 Professional Series Hard Slick Bottom Bodyboard & Leash – Best New 2018 Wave Pro
Heat Sealed BLZ Legendary Lucky Body Boards – 3 Styles 6 Colors 4 Sizes
The Pro series bodyboard is the perfect choice for beginners and professional riders. This board is available in all sizes to fit for different age group. The board is extremely lightweight, easy to control and better performance is also possible. Strong waves can be controlled aerodynamically because of bat tip. The board is manufactured from the best material, it will prevent bubbling.
- The board is available in different sizes of 33, 37, 41 and 44 inches. Which will be comfortable for adults and kids of any age group.
- EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) core is used, which give high performance and a good floating ability for the board.
- The XPE deck will provide a smooth surface and helps in comfortable riding.
- The heat-sealed treatment is performed for the layer of the board to prevent infiltrating of water into the core. This technic will also prevent bubble formation on the board.
- Board is durable and lightweight; the slick bottom is hard and water resistance. The crescent tail and bat tip tail shape are also an added advantage for comfort, speed and performance.
Few special features :
- Boards are available in both bat tip tail and crescent tail.
- There are total 6 color variants are available.
- It has built-in wrist leash keep the board close to the rider.
These boards are crafted by expert bodyboarders in a reasonable price range. It is the best fit for all types of waves and water conditions. The manufactures used the bat tip tail and crescent tail for a different board, which is an advantage for the rider to choose based on their requirement. The board is also extremely light and exhibits strong performance and total control in any waves.
Younger 37 inch Super Bodyboard with IXPE Deck, Perfect Surfing
This bodyboard is well designed for performance-driven riders and a premium choice for the kids. The high-quality material helps in performance and control of the board in any water conditions. The compact look of the board will attract kids, and it’s also lightweight, easy maneuver and faster. The board comes in a reasonable price tag and suitable for kids and adults.
- These 37 inches bodyboard comes in two different colors for user’s choice and adds extra fun to the rider.
- The board is built with EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) core and it has an ability to resist impact.
- The featured IXPE deck construction makes the board smooth, ridge and suitable for all type of rides.
- For combing the layer of board material a heat lamination seal technic is used, which will be durable and super strong for different water conditions.
- The high-quality HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) slick bottom with channels will be useful for better maneuverability, stable and holds fine grip.
- The crescent tail and 60/40 rails allow for comfort ride and easy maneuverability.
Few special features:
- Board can resistant both cold and heat conditions.
- 60/40 rail is used for better construction.
- It also has a comfortable grip pad.
This stylish outlook super bodyboard is an ideal board for kids. It has a comfortable surface and channeled bottom will produce greater performance and maneuverability. The stable crescent tail will make rider work easier. Price of the board is also reasonable and it is value for money bodyboard.
BPS Storm Bodyboard – Includes Premium Coiled Leash and Swim Fin Tethers (Single Board)
The BPS storm bodyboard one the best-selling board in the market. The pack of the board consists of premium coiled leash and tethers swim fins. It is lightweight, water resistant and durable structure because of the material. The adaptable crescent tail shape is perfect for riding positions like stand up and drop knee. The bottom of the board channeled for better maneuverability.
- This bodyboard comes in three different sizes of 33”, 37” and 41” inches. Which will be suitable for adults and kids.
- The board super lightweight and greater comfortable because of the EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) used for the core construction.
- The high-speed slick bottom and rear channeled bottom of the board are made from extremely lightweight and high-performance material for better control in strong waves.
- For greater maneuverability, the tail shape will play an important role. The crescent tail is well known for bodyboard in any water conditions.
- It comes with a complete warranty of 12 months, which can be replaced if any defeats in the board.
Few Key features:
- The sleek design is comfortable for adults and kids.
- It has a lighter and stronger slick bottom.
- The premium coiled leash and swim fin are free.
The extra equipment’s coiled leash and swim fin will be an added advantage for the bodyboard. With these faster and controllable can be achieved. It also helps the rider to stick to the board in different wave conditions. The installation process can be done easily with print instruction manual provided with the bodyboard. The board is also coming with a complete guarantee of 12 months.
Selecting the bodyboard for adults is not an easy job. In this article, we made your work easier by considering the key parameters. The detail view of the parameters is addressed and the best board available in the market are considered. The material used, the size of the board and shape are also explained with advantages. Performance, controllability, comfort and speed of the board in different waters and waves are also inscribed. Professional advice and customer reviews are also considered. Here, the supreme authority for the selection of board will on the user and his/her their requirements.